[Fsuk-manchester] Liverpool LUG meeting with Hakim Cassimally - Enchante

From: Bob Ham
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Liverpool LUG meeting with Hakim Cassimally - Enchanted Objects: the Internet of Things for Humans - Wednesday 2nd May 2012
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:53:52 +0100

On Wednesday, 2nd May 2012, the Liverpool Linux User Group¹ will be
meeting.  Hakim Cassimally² will be shedding light on the mysterious
concept of the Internet of Things³ in a talk entitled "Enchanted
Objects: the Internet of Things for Humans".  In Hakim's words:

  "In this talk, we'll look at bubbles, owls, bicycles, enchanted
  objects, designing for humans, and open source frothy goodness!"

We will meet at the Liverpool Social Centre⁴ at 7.00pm for a 7.30pm
start.  After the talk, we will venture to a local drinking
establishment for beverages and further discussion.

Liverpool Social Centre is next door to the News from Nowhere bookshop
on Bold Street⁵.  To access the centre, press the bell for the
basement on the left of the door and someone will come up and let you
in.

This should be another illuminating, possibly even inspiring talk :-)

¹ http://liv.lug.org.uk/
² http://book.roomofthings.com/authors/
³ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Thingshttp://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.402426&lon=-2.976481&zoom=18