[Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS at Chorlton's Big Green Festival 2012

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS at Chorlton's Big Green Festival 2012
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 08:50:15 +0100

Firstly, a big thanks again to all those that helped out with the stall.
 It was another good year.  We explained why Open Source misses the
point of Free Software¹ and about the FSF's worldwide mission².  Again
the FSF's Moving to free software³ site was useful.  The FreedomBox⁴
really caught people's interest, along with the upcoming talk on 17th
April - FreedomBox: Practical freedom in a box⁵.  The stickers and
magazines went down well.  Looking forward to next year, see you there.

¹ http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
² http://www.fsf.org/about
³ http://www.fsf.org/working-together/movinghttp://freedomboxfoundation.org/http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Manchester/2012-04-17

--