[Fsuk-manchester] North West England Perl Mongers - November Hackday 19t

From: Ian Norton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] North West England Perl Mongers - November Hackday 19th November 2011
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:52:18 +0000

Hello all you jolly people!

Event Wax Sign-up: http://nwe.eventwax.com/hackday-2011

The North West England Perl Mongers will once again be holding a
hackday in the month of November (Saturday 19th) and we invite all and
sundry (or all and sundried) to attend either in person or via virtual
presence using the aether and our channel. The event will start at
10.30-11.00 a.m. (GMT) in the physical location, but may start at any
time in the aether.

The event will once agin be hosted in a physical location at the
Shadowcat Systems offices in Lancaster (UK) and all who attend that
event will have access to a range of free snacks, beer and pizza. If
you can only attend in a virtual manner we invite you to our chat
chnanel, northwestengland.pm, on irc.perl.org where you will be warmly
greeted.

This year we'll be working on two projects!

Presenting Perl [1] aims to make presentations from global Perl events
available in one place, it's kinda like YouTube for Perl presentations
:)

IronMan [2] is intended to serve as a blog agregation service for all
things Perl related providing a window into the Perl community and
it's activities.

Both projects have big and small tasks that are accessible to varying
levels of experience, so don't feel that you can't contribute
something!  We're looking at design, documentation and code, any area
needing work.

If you are interested in attending in person, or wish to attend
virtually then please use the Event Wax sign-up linked to at the top
of this discourse. We hope that as many people as possible will join
in on this day so that we can burn the code trails. Please contact
Mark (mdk) or Ian (idn) for more information and I hope to talk to you
in channel and see you, either physically or meta-physically on the
day.

Please feel free to distribute this information to as wide an audience
as possible. This can include, mailing lists, groups or other
interested parties. Thanks for your help.

Other useful links:
http://northwestengland.pm.org/ North West England Perl Mongers Homepage
http://northwestengland.pm.org/meetings/2011/nov.html Meeting Information
http://www.nwewiki.markkeating.me.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page NWE.PM Wiki