Re: [Fsuk-manchester] OpenStreetMap

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] OpenStreetMap
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:22:42 +0100 (BST)

Ben Webb wrote:
> OpenStreetMap has an open api, and there are clients for various
> platforms[1]. The most used of these is a free software client called
> josm, which is in debian's main repository, and is what I use to
> contribute.
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Editing

Thanks for that.  I have been watching that page, but not its children
and it seems that there have been some improvements, with josm now
running in openjdk (which is free software, right?) and not only the
sun jre.

Also, I've finally got rawedit and amenity editor working in my browser
so I can quickly edit the map even where I can't draw in josm.

Big steps forwards!

Thanks again,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/