[Fsuk-manchester] printing books?

From: m3shrom
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] printing books?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:23:38 +0100

Hi there,

I'm looking at getting some books printed for use at stalls. It gets a
bit cheaper the more we print so I'm wondering if you guys might be up
for chipping in on an order.

I thought I would run it by you anyway - I guess I need to get an idea
of the price as well, I think looking at around 3-5 pounds for most of
these.

nice one

--//
>> i would say we're probably better off with an actual stall, which i
>> think may be a bit cheaper, but i'm not sure. if we do run a workshop,
>> it should be in the afternoon, so that more people come.
> ok, may be we should do an actual stall - tho I'm not sure how much
> stuff we have to put on it - perhaps a laptop or two with some stuff
> about encryption, anonymous browsing or getting through state firewalls?

Hi there,

I would really like to get some physical copies of some of the
flossmanuals. Maybe this would be a good way of getting a fair number
printed up, and then distributed.

If we want to we can do remixes of these works specifically for our
networks and get small print runs done and have 'hacktionlab / aktivix /
Free Software Group etc edition' on the cover.

Here's a top 5/6 that I think would be good to do.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/index/
The handbook aims to provide everyone an understanding about how they
can protect themselves and the persons they communicate with. It also
aims to provide insights into the limits of protective measures, so
people can make an informed trade-off.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/an-open-web/
The Web was meant to be Everything. As the Internet as a whole assumes
an increasingly commanding role as the technology of global commerce and
communication, the World Wide Web from its very inception was designed
to be a free and open medium through which human knowledge is created,
accessed and exchanged.1 But, that Web is in danger of coming to a close.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bypassing-censorship/
There is a vast amount of energy, from commercial, non-profit and
volunteer groups, devoted to creating tools and techniques to bypass
Internet censorship, resulting in a number of methods to bypass Internet
filters. Collectively, these are called circumvention methods, and can
range from simple work-arounds, protected pathways, to complex computer
programs.

Ardour
http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/
Ardour is a full-featured, free and open-source hard disk recorder and
digital audio workstation program suitable for professional use. It
features unlimited audio tracks and buses, non-destructive, non-linear
editing with unlimited undo, and anything-to-anywhere signal routing. It
supports standard file formats, such as BWF, WAV, WAV64, AIFF and CAF,
and it can use LADSPA, LV2, VST and AudioUnit plugin formats.

Introduction to the Command Line
http://www.flossmanuals.net/command-line/

Audacity (this one could do with an update)
http://en.flossmanuals.net/audacity/

Wordpress - Update is in progress but it'll be ready in time.
Snapshot here -
http://objavi.booki.cc/books/wordpress-en-2011.09.12-15.06.26.pdf