Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Hey

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Hey
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:32:08 +0100

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 06:55:17PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> My name is Chris, an open source software advocate and developer who's about
> to move into the city tomorrow and I thought I'd drop by here and say hi.
> I'm starting a development job next week and in the meantime I'm checking
> out what there is to do in and around the Manchester, and I hope to maybe
> see some of you in the future.

Welcome, I like Manchester enough that I’m still here after ten years,
so I hope you will too. It has no shortage of groups either. As well as
Manchester Free Software, there is ManLUG[1] (there is a meeting today,
14:00 at Madlab), and there are plenty of others to choose from,
including groups about programming languages such as Python[2] and
Perl[3], and about specific software such as Wordpress[4].

[1]: http://www.manlug.org/
[2]: http://groups.google.com/group/python-north-west
[3]: http://northwestengland.pm.org/
[4]: http://mwug.info/

Look at the Madlab site[5] where you will find many groups hold their
meetings, North West Digital Communities (NWDC)[6] which is a
collaboration between multiple groups, and the Manchester Digital
Development Agency (MDDA)[7].

[5]: http://madlab.org.uk/
[6]: http://nwdc.org.uk/
[7]: http://www.manchesterdda.com/