Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RHCE Certification in Manchester?

From: James Hannah
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RHCE Certification in Manchester?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 13:10:42 +0100

I took my RHCE (5) and RHCSA (RHCT at the time) at QA Manchester, on Portland Street near the Britannia Hotel, I believe the exam there consists of the RHCSA first, followed immediately by the RHCE exam.

If you fail the RHCSA, you don't get the RHCE, but it's possible to fail the RHCE and leave with the RHCSA.

Not sure on the costs though, it was paid for by my employer.

- James

On 8 August 2011 00:26, Andii Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
2011/8/6 Simon Ward <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 04:25:38PM +0100, Sam Tuke wrote:
>> On Friday 05 August 2011 16:06:45 Dave Page wrote:
>> > Quick question - I'm looking at acquiring a RedHat Certified Engineer
>> > certification
>>
>> This page seems to have some useful information:
>>
>> http://www.perpetual-solutions.com/training-course/2199/Red-Hat-Certified-
>> Engineer-Rapid-Track-Training-and-Certification--inc-RHCE-exam-.htm
>>
>> According to that there is training and examination in Manchester 22-26th this
>> month. I don't know if they do the examination separately.
>
> The exam can be done separately:
>
> http://www.europe.redhat.com/training/course/RH302
>
> and just searching the Perpetual Solutions site:
>
> http://www.perpetual-solutions.com/training-course/2198/RHCE-Certification-Lab-Exam.htm
>
> There are no dates provided, though.
>
> Simon
> --
> A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a
> simple system that works.—John Gall

http://www.europe.redhat.com/training/course/EX300

'In order to earn RHCE, one must also pass the Red Hat Certified
System Administrator (RHCSA) exam. Someone can enroll in and take the
RHCE exam without first having passed the RHCSA exam, but RHCE
certification will not be issued until both credentials are earned by
a candidate. In the event that a candidate has not yet earned RHCSA,
Red Hat will retain the candidate´s RHCE exam record and will attach
that record to a candidates´ RHCSA record once it is earned at a later
date.'

That actually comes as a bit of a surprise to me and I'm doing the
RHCE in Manchester on the 22nd-26th as part of my employment at Red
Hat.  Guess I'll have to find time to do the easier one afterwards to
get the actual certification.
--
Andii :-)