[Fsuk-manchester] [Owasp-leeds_uk] OWASP Chapter Meeting Wednesday 22nd

From: Simon Ward
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] [Owasp-leeds_uk] OWASP Chapter Meeting Wednesday 22nd June
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:32:02 +0100

The OWASP Leeds Chapter[1] is meeting in Manchester on Wednesday. Anyone
interested is welcome, not just OWASP members, but registration is
required as KPMG need to know numbers.

OWASP[2] is the Open Web Application Security Project, which aims to
promote web application security. The OWASP site is full of resources
for developing secure software, attack types, their prevention, and
testing for them. The OWASP Top 10 project[3] picks out the most
prevalent types of web application security flaws. The OWASP Development
Guide[4] provides information for developers. There are also testing and
code review guides, and software to help test for, detect, and protect
against security flaws.

[1]: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Leeds_UK
[2]: https://www.owasp.org/
[3]: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Top_Ten_Project
[4]: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Guide_Project

simple system that works.—John Gall
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Owasp-leeds_uk] OWASP Chapter Meeting Wednesday 22nd June Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:44:44 +0100 List

Just a quick update. The OWASP chapter meeting is being kindly hosted by KPMG at the Manchester offices. Our thanks go out to them for their continued support. The following link gives the address and a map of how to get there:::

http://www.kpmg.com/UK/en/WhoWeAre/MapOfOfficesAndLinks/Manchester/Documents/306865b_Manchester_office_locator_web.pdf

Again we have some fantastic talks lined up and I expect a full house. Please ensure you RSVP via the eventbrite website as we have to let KPMG security know who is coming.. You can access the eventbrite site here:::

http://owaspleedsjune.eventbrite.com/

The schedule of events are:::

6:30 - 7:00

OWASP chapter news and overview, we have some fantastic news to share and will open the floor for questions and to gather chapter members thoughts and views. - Jason Alexander

7:00 - 8:00

The changing face of automated web application assessments, describing the holistic approach to application testing and explaining why clearing the low hanging fruit serves organisations better than focusing on doing a deep dive and getting stuck - Mathew Barret, Rapid7

8:00 - 9:00

How to become Twitter's Admin - An introduction to modern web service attacks - Andreas Falkenberg

A big, big thank you to our speakers. Please show your appreciation by coming along.

Regards

--
Jason Alexander

OWASP Leeds/Northern Chapter Board Member
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Leeds_UK
twitter.com/0wasp