Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Libre Office collaborative coding project

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Libre Office collaborative coding project
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:47:44 +0100 (BST)

Andrew Gladwell wote:
> Might it be worth looking at this project and either deciding to bolt
> Libre Office on, or to take some lessons from this approach?

I'm not sure I follow. How would you bolt Libre Office on to Diaspora?

> One problem I immediately foresee with diaspora is the need to run your
> own server all the time, as I understand it. [...]

Really?  I thought there were general-access diaspora servers by
invitation (although not open access - I assumed they're scared of
exceeding their budget), the project is funded by donation and
the servers will be funded by the same range of diverse ways that
(say) wordpress servers are funded.

Have I misunderstood that?

http://blog.joindiaspora.com/what-is-diaspora.html

Regards
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/