[Fsuk-manchester] Hackademia sept, manchester - calling on free software

From: victoria sinclair
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Hackademia sept, manchester - calling on free software enthusiasts and hackers
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:55:57 +0000

Hey there

please can you circulate this post as we need as much local and UK support as possible....
\
Yes i know it's quite a while away but we are excited to bring you Hackademia in Manchester and beyond this September. We are inviting artists, theorists, practitioners, technologist and community members to join us in a varied and diverse range of workshops, forums, telepresence activities, arts events and hacklab innovation.

Before and after the actual festival which will begin approximately 14th sept for a week, we are inviting people to think about low carbon conferencing and to come on eco residencies with our numerous partners and collaborators and to stay in our TAZ where there can be more meetings of minds and hatching of ideas!

We are also partnering with Descentro/Submidialogia, Envirolution, Epoch 6 and Dreamvolution and our list of partners is growing by the day! The festival is supported by CADIC cluster under the EU FP7 initiative and basically we want for people to get their thinking caps on, and their kind streak in motion and to support us in any way you can.

We need people to help with food, events organisers, artists, administrators, web designers, hackers, anybody and everybody who like to get involved with dynamic people from all over the world. We are doing this on a minimal, close to non existent budget and already loads of amazing people are helping out! Less is more! So, if you can offer us any help, assistance, equipment, venues, ideas, you can be part of this really positive, forward thinking convention which will be a wonderful meeting of minds and great people!

For more info at this point please contact address@hidden and we hope to see you at hackademia!!!!!

--
Victoria Sinclair (Project Manager Generate Project and director ArcSpace Manchester)
www.arcspacemanchester.org.uk