Re: [Fsuk-manchester] 3D printed “air bike” on R 4

From: Bob Clough
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] 3D printed “air bike” on R 4
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:43:41 +0000

50 years?  Bollocks to that, We're pretty much there now!  A modern reprap can print pretty high quality parts, from renewable, biodegradable plastics.  Not only bits of repraps, but useful and cool things:
A Reprap Mendel Prusa costs about £400 all in, and is all made of off the shelf and 3d printed parts.  The cost of building a reprap is constantly decreasing, and the quality constantly going up, a reprap would have been £1k a year ago!