Re: [Fsuk-manchester] UK Government Gets Really Serious About Open Sourc

From: EVISON ROY
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] UK Government Gets Really Serious About Open Source
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 18:54:35 +0000

Simon.
          the fact that it has Cameron's backing (possibly) is worry
enough, substance and practicability are not Cameron’s strong points.
Yes it is good that the 'powers that be' seem to be looking at the
issue more seriously but the cost 'rug' will be be pulled from their
arguments to decision makers by the offer of free licences (for a
period), perhaps?

Roy.