Re: [Fsuk-manchester] query

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] query
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:57:02 +0000

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 09:22:27AM +0000, Pete Morris wrote:

> ffmpeg will convert just about anything to anything, although the
> syntax and scruples can be a little obscure at times. It's also very
> processor dependent in terms of speed, so if you are converting long
> HD videos, go for a box with a meaty CPU.

Most front‐end software tends to use ffmpeg underneath. I think mencoder
uses its own routines.  Whatever, converting long HD videos is going to
be processor intensive.  Having said that, with a fairly modern computer
(I’m thinking about equivaent to Intel core duo or better) should be
fine.

simple system that works.—John Gall