[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: End of Manchester BSDUG?

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: End of Manchester BSDUG?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:14:19 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: End of Manchester BSDUG?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:09:07 +0000
From: Paul Robinson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Comrades,

Over recent months, our already small number has depleted further.

John is somewhere "dahn sarf" and Dave has moved with his wife to look
after a very small person somewhere near Warrington. I'm going to be
hectic with a new job for a couple of months, and so that means that in
April the meeting could consist of just Bob and Richard being in a pub.
There are other irregular attendees, but their numbers are also dwindling.

I think about what future events will look like, and realise that they
will be a few mates in a pub having a pint. We don't need the rigorous
schedule to achieve that, or a mailing list, website and organiser.

So, I'm going to propose that next month is our last ever Manchester BSD
UG meet up. Of course, this is a purely communist society (what do you
mean you didn't know?!), and so you comrades all have input into the
final say, but unless there is going to be a sizeable increase in
turn-out in future, I think it's run its course.

If you wish to urge a contrary decision, we'll see you on Thursday March
3rd, Briton's Protection, 7pm.

--
Paul Robinson

-