Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Join the FSF

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Join the FSF
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:28:37 +0000

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 09:48:16AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Has anyone doing that ever changed the FSF's policies?

Mostly I support FSF’s policies, I don’t need to.

> http://fellowship.fsfe.org/ gives the influence of proposing actions,
> voting and standing for election to the assembly.  Seems more direct.

And more cumbersome.  Sorry to have to let you know, but pure democracy
doesn’t work all of the time (actually, I believe it rarely works, and
usually needs to be supported by something else, but that’s another
discussion

simple system that works.—John Gall