[Fsuk-manchester] Join the FSF

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Join the FSF
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:14:07 +0000

So I've finally got around to joining the FSF (member #9429) and I even
get to appear on ThankGNUs 2011¹. So now I can recommend that *you* join
the FSF as I won't be a hypocrite. :)

The FSF have been very supportive of MFS. They have provide us with free
software related merchandise such as books, stickers and badges. Our
site² is on LibrePlanet, the "growing global network of free software
hackers and activists" created by the FSF, and our mailing list is on
the FSF's nongnu.org³. And as
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom says:
"Join with over 3,000 active members in 48 countries, representing a
diverse membership of computer users, software engineers, hackers,
students, and freedom activists.

When you sign up as a member, you join an informed society working
together to make a better world: one respectful of individual freedoms,
rights, and privacy, built on free software."

If you still need convincing then read:
http://www.fsf.org/appeal/2010/an-appeal-from-peter-brown
and
http://www.fsf.org/appeal/2010/

Join at:
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf
If you want to put me as the referrer then use:
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?referrer=9429

Regards,
Mike.
MFS Chair.