[Fsuk-manchester] Wikipedia Day Slides

From: Mark Reynolds
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Wikipedia Day Slides
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:29:16 +0000

Thanks to everyone who came to the Wikipedia Day, I think we all
learned new things and there was a lot of interesting discussion about
Free Software and various philosophies, which is always encouraged.

As promised I've uploaded the slides from the talk, they can be viewed here:
http://www.slideshare.net/WikipediaDay/wikipedia-day-2011-talk
They can also be downloaded in ODP format if you have a SlideShare
login. if anyone has any suggestions for a better service, please let
me know and I'll post them there, too.

I've also raised the suggestion to have thumbnail images of
contributors on the pages they've edited as a proposal here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28proposals%29#Display_thumbnail_images_of_article_editors_on_page

For anyone wanting to get involved in Wikipedia but who doesn't know
where to start, grab yourself a login and head to the Community
Portal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Community_portal

thanks,
Mark

--
"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the
highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest