Re: [Fsuk-manchester] freedoms analogy

From: EVISON ROY
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] freedoms analogy
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:22:48 +0000

Mr Ward,
                not everyone is as far thinking as you, nor as skilled. The lure of a quick quid or an easy to use solution appeals to many, handcuffs not withstanding. The immediate impact of time vs. money is also a factor in people's choices, as short sighted as that maybe.

Roy.

On 13 January 2011 18:38, Simon Ward <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:57:49PM +0000, Pete Morris wrote:

> The problem with Richard's argument is that it relies on the
> presupposition that people don't want to be handcuffed. If, for
> whatever reason, people DO want to be handcuffed (or more
> specifically, *don't mind* being handcuffed)

Kinky ;)

> Here is a stack of cotton and some buttons; go make yourself a shirt
> ... alternatively, if you are prepared to wear these handcuffs for me,
> I'll give you this luxury designer shirt that I made ... plus did I
> forget to mention that wearing handcuffs is now very fashionable, and
> everyone else in the room is already doing so?

… and I will give you this shirt with an up‐and‐coming design that’s
becoming quite fashionable.  The last run of the brown/orange “human”
design was ok, but we decided to go with a new “light” theme this year,
and it’s already quite fashionable, if fashion is important for you.

What’s more, here’s a copy of the design.  You can change the design, or
get someone else to do it for you (because designing these things well
is not everyone’s forté).  Change the shapes, colours, combine it with
other free designs.  Print it on t‐shirts, mugs.  How about a knitting
pattern?  You can give the products to your friends, you can even sell
them.

So, what’s the catch?  Well, if you do give or sell these to someone
else, you must also share the design, and allow them to do the same as I
have allowed you.  You don’t have to wear handcuffs (but you can if you
want).

simple system that works.—John Gall