[Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 43, Issue 6

From: Anna Morris
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 43, Issue 6
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:42:55 +0000

well, I also was formulating an example relating to creative writing,

something along the lines of many writers like to keep their process
shrouded in mystery, or dont take the time to understand it properly,
because it gives them an aura of genius. I think the aura of genius
bit really applies to computing; FS encourages you to see SWdevelopers
as humans working though a process just like writers in reality do. It
also encourages you to see computers something you can learn about,
control and contribute too, even just in a small and personal way.

as you can see its not a finished argument and only a vague idea. I
have some good quotes to sort though that discuss the writer side of
the argument, and I want to tie it to the argument a bit better. To
get people to really question this idea that computers are just too
complicated for them to understand. Its easy for me cause I always
feel that way. In fact I basically quit learning to drive cause I
wanted to go and become an engineer as background reading and realised
It would take too much time... no wonder I never finish anything! (If
anyone knows about how cars work though I would love a lesson!)

Anna