Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu begginers guide

From: Les Pounder
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu begginers guide
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:34:57 +0000

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Anna Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking of running a ubuntu for beginners workshop in the new year, something to explain the system and the philosophy to some average windows/mac users. I think that the key audience would be those who are quite political, generally a bit rebellious, or
anti-capitalist - but people who didn't know about ubuntu before hand. We have a lot of these people in Manchester, not too-hard to get a group together : )

I'm not very good at computers but I am good at running events and making things simple. I can't do much till after the 5th of January cause I have too much uni work on. But after than I am free to do!

Who would like to help and do too?

Anna : )

Hi Anna,

Thats sounds like a great idea.

I'd like to help, in some way. I've run events before and currently have a group of Ubuntu Gurus that run installfests and provide Ubuntu centric guidance at events.

Take a look at my blog for more info

lespounder.wordpress.com

Also, myself, Jon Spriggs and Michael Dorrington organise an event called Ucubed, an Ubuntu / Debian event in Manchester. The next one is scheduled for the 2nd of April 2011. Maybe you could run a similar workshop then aswell?

Happy to help / advise.

Thanks
Les

@biglesp on identi.ca and twitter