[Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day 2010 - Arch Hurd

From: Michael S. Walker
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day 2010 - Arch Hurd
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 00:19:38 +0100

Hi,

I tried to find a more specific email address (like, to someone
organising SFD2010) but failed, so I hope this ML is the appropriate
place for this message.

I am the project founder for Arch Hurd—you may have heard of us, a
project to port Arch Linux to the GNU Hurd platform—and was wondering
if it'd be possible for us to do *something* at SFD2010. I suck at any
form of group/public speaking (perhaps next year, after I get a feel
for the event this year…), so I was thinking:

 * setting up a demonstration computer in the "PCs running Free
   Software for you to try" thing,
 * bringing LiveCDs (I'd actually have to make a fully working one
   first, eep)
 * just giving a demonstration to anyone who wanders by

So, what'd be the process for doing that—just arrive early with a
computer?

--
Michael Walker (http://www.barrucadu.co.uk)

Arch Hurd Developer;      GNU Webmaster;       FSF member #8385
http://www.archhurd.org   http://www.gnu.org   http://www.fsf.org