Re: [Fsuk-manchester] MFS Twitter?

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] MFS Twitter?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:14:51 +0100

On 21/08/10 12:41, Jonathan Davis wrote:
> On 21 August 2010 12:12, Simon Ward <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:59:58AM +0100, Jonathan Davis wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> I think an account would come in handy for people to be able to keep
>>> track of the meetings, special events such as Software Freedom Day,
>>> along with any other news or location changes.
>>
>> Try !mcrfs on Identi.ca (which I thought you already had an account on).
>>

> I do have an account on Identi.ca, although as far as I know, "!mcrfs" is
> just an Identi.ca group which anybody can post messages to, as opposed so a
> single officially sanctioned news source, which is what most people look for
> with Twitter.

Indeed, an MFS identi.ca account would be good (and could automatically
repost on other sites, such as Twitter). Most geek and/or FOSS groups
seem to have one, but it means regular work for someone - as in addition
to posting, you have to check for feedback, and give answers.

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley       Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                       http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley        Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                  http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/