Re: [Fsuk-manchester] v2

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] v2
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:04:25 +0100

Okay, maybe I'm missing something but this seems insensitive and
juvenile to me. If it's supposed to be a joke it's really not funny. I
don't believe it has any place on this mailing list.

I think Mark Shuttleworth says it best in his most recent blog post:

"We should start every discussion in free software with a mutual
reminder of the fact that we have far more in common than we have
differences, that individual successes enrich all of us far more in
our open commons-based economy than they would in a traditional
proprietary one, that it’s better for us to find a way to encourage
others to continue to participate even if they aren’t necessarily
chasing exactly the same bugs that we are, than to chastise them for
thinking differently.

On that note, let’s shake hands."

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/442