[Fsuk-manchester] An Introduction to Young Rewired State

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] An Introduction to Young Rewired State
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 02:12:44 +0100

Hi Everyone,

We're running an event on Thursday 8th July to introduce this years the
next generation of coders and designers to Manchester's Young Rewired
State event.

Young Rewired State is a decentralised, UK-wide, hack-week open to
anyone aged 15 to 18 with an interest in data, coding or design.
This year, it's the first week of August.

It's a great way for young people to learn what skills are needed for
industry, make friends with people at the cutting edge of technology and
perhaps, develop the next 'killer' app!

We're having an evening with Chris Taggart from OpenlyLocal to support
the event and help shed some light on what open data actually is, what
you can do with it and why that is cool.

You can find out more details and let us know you're coming here.
http://yrsman10.eventbrite.com/

If you think you'd be interested helping mentoring at YRS or would like
to see if you can support us in some other way, drop me an email:
address@hidden
and/or come along to the event and we'll have a chat.

Cheers,

Tim

P.s. If you'd be kind enough to pass this along to friends & family,
that'd be really appreciated. :)