[Fsuk-manchester] Free Culture Launch!

From: Luke Taylor
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Free Culture Launch!
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 02:29:54 +0000

Dear all,

Hope to see some of you representin' free software at the Free Culture Society launch this Thursday at 7:00?

Guest Speakers:

Andrew Robinson, leader of the Pirate Party (UK)
- Discussing copyright in the UK today

Prof John Harris, Director of the Institute for Science, Ethics and Innovation, Lord Alliance Professor of BioEthics
- Discussing "the Manchester Manifesto" (Abstract: who owns Science? Patents, do we need 'em?)

Plus a short (less than twenty minutes) film by Lawrence Lessig

"I am ten Ninja" have promised to play a couple of songs on the way out as well. Hurray!

Where?

Manchester University Students' Union (South) in the council chambers.

Luke

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now