[Fsuk-manchester] Cryptography, Security Etc

From: Robert Burrell Donkin
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Cryptography, Security Etc
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:20:27 +0000

a little bit of a follow up on last weeks unconference for those who
are interested...

being honest, i'm unlikely to find the time to edit the wiki but am
likely to post stuff (under linux) on my blog[1]. which got me
thinking...

this is a dynamic topic so it's best to setup a reader and subscribe
to some feeds. i use google reader but there are plenty of good free
software readers for the desktop (so i won't recommend one).  the zen
of news feeds is to let the sea of information wash over you and pick
only what interests you. subscribe to a load and then unsubscribe or
ignore any that annoy.

[2]-[7] are all recommended on security and crypto

[8] groklaw is a great resource

[9]-[12] are more general technology blogs in the FOSS ecology. if you
were thinking of taking my feed, i recommend subscribing to [9] and
[10] instead since they aggregate my feed and are good. you will find
some overlap but that shouldn't be a problem for a good reader.

[9] is particularly interesting right now since Sam Ruby is
co-chairing the final stages of the HTML5 process...

have fun!

- robert

[1] http://www.jroller.com/robertburrelldonkin/
[2] http://www.schneier.com/