Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Questioning Linus's Law...

From: Leslie I'Anson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Questioning Linus's Law...
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:11:14 +0000

I did not realise that Joseph Goebbels' had descents over at
Microsoft. It does seem to sense though given the whole fascism thing.

In my opinion, I believe that the fundamental difference between the
free software movement and Microsoft, is that Microsoft's pays people
to write such unsuccinct dribble and, perhaps more importantly, it is
within their interests to. Whereas we, on the other hand, tend to let
our actions speak for themselves. So, following on from that line of
thought, I don't recall free and open source software carrying the
same reputation for insecurity.

Also, it surprises me (or rather it doesn't) how conveniently, not to
mention quickly, Microsoft and it's people are willing to forget the
past.

L.