[Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [Liverpool] O'Reilly Ignite Event Liverpool]

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [Liverpool] O'Reilly Ignite Event Liverpool]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:45:53 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Liverpool] O'Reilly Ignite Event Liverpool
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:38:26 +0000
From: Dan Lynch <address@hidden>
To: Liverpool Linux User Group <address@hidden>

Hey folks,

I'm involved in an event that I thought may be of interest to the group.
We're going to run an O'Reilly Ignite <http://ignite.oreilly.com/> event in
Liverpool on March 4th from 6-8pm. It'll be at the Liverpool Art & Design
Academy and you can find more details (including maps) at the Ning
site<http://how-why-diy.ning.com/xn/detail/4501889:Event:482?xg_source=activity>
.

The basic premise is that you have a series of 5 minute talks, 20 slides set
to auto advance every 15 seconds. Anyone can propose a
talk<goog_1266189394745>through the Ning
site<http://how-why-diy.ning.com/profiles/blogs/global-ignite-week-submit>.
It should be fun, so if you want to give a 5min talk please jump in. All
suggestions welcome, they can be about anything really, it doesn't have to
be technical or geeky. It's all good. I'm supposed to be doing a talk myself
but I have no idea what that will be about yet. Fingers crossed hey. If
nothing else you can come along and laugh at me trying to make something up.

It you just want to come along and watch that's great too. The more the
merrier. Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,

Dan