Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [WORKSHOP] GnuPG et al ...?

From: Robert Burrell Donkin
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [WORKSHOP] GnuPG et al ...?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:53:21 +0000

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Michael Dorrington
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> [snip]
>> the sooner the better would suit me. if you can get a date in Feb
>> that'd be great.
> [snip]
>> apache doesn't use copyright assignment so i can easily create a
>> derivative of the apache materials under a free license. would need to
>> think whether a CC would be better than FDL for this sort of thing...
>
> The Wednesday Workshop we ran wasn't well attended so I don't think that
> is the best format to do the GnuPG knowledge sharing. Instead I propose
> that we use February's [1] talk meeting to do a talk on GnuPG and then
> straight after we do a workshop. Unlike MDDA we won't be kicked out
> early so we could have a talk with questions from 7pm to 8-8:30pm and
> then a workshop from 8-8:30pm until 10-11pm. Those that wanted could
> stay for the workshop, there is power and tables for laptops. Those that
> don't can have a drink downstairs or go home.

i can do a workshop off the cuff but i generally recon an hour a
minute to fully prep a new talk for a reasonably sized audience (eg 30
mins = 30 hours prep). so if i give a talk on GnuPG it's likely to be
short (probably really short) given my time constraints.

- robert