Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [WORKSHOP] GnuPG et al ...?

From: Robert Burrell Donkin
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [WORKSHOP] GnuPG et al ...?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:22:36 +0000

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Leslie I'Anson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> On 19/01/2010, Robert Burrell Donkin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> my last exam is on Thursday. i will then have some free time and i
>> plan to revise the Apache GnuPG documentation.
>
> Good luck with your exam. Documentation is a very noble task indeed. :)

that's one way of putting it ;-)

but coding's miles more fun

>> IIRC i promised to help FSUK run a workshop sometime soonish. is there
>> a definite date for this yet? should i write up some stuff for you
>> whilst i'm at it?
>
> There is no definite date set as yet; we are only just getting back
> into full swing following the new year. However, we'd obviously work
> around you and your free time when we do set a date.

the sooner the better would suit me. if you can get a date in Feb
that'd be great.

> Also, it would be excellent if you could find the time to prepare some
> materials in advance. That way we could put them up on our
> website/wiki and give people a chance to do some pre-reading prior to
> attending the workshop. Hopefully this will help reduce some of the
> pressure due to the relatively small timescales we will be working to.

apache doesn't use copyright assignment so i can easily create a
derivative of the apache materials under a free license. would need to
think whether a CC would be better than FDL for this sort of thing...

- robert