Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Proposed Manchester Ubuntu 10.04 Jam

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Proposed Manchester Ubuntu 10.04 Jam
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:11:33 +0000

2010/1/19 Simon Ward <address@hidden>:
> I’ll restrain my prejudices for Ubuntu and its tendency to favour
> non-free software for the sake of convenience for the moment ;) …
>
> An Ubuntu bug jam is similar to the bug squashing parties I think Mike
> talked about in his bug reporting talk, and is a good way to learn about
> fixing bugs.

Thanks for forwarding this on Simon. We are currently looking for
input from people, so if anyone has any ideas please mention it
(preferably on the Ubuntu-UK list but if not email me directly).

For what it's worth, it's no longer an "Ubuntu bug jam" but an "Ubuntu
Jam" - more than just bugs, as the email describes! Also, regardless
of some software or policy decisions, the participants will only be
helping with free software ;)