Re: [Fsuk-manchester] open-source mobile-phones

From: Jon Spriggs
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] open-source mobile-phones
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:22:23 +0100

The only phone which seemed to strive for Freedom was the Open Moko,
which is no longer made. Even that had (I believe) a binary layer at
the modem. The current "best" is Android, but even this has caveats. I
think the developer phone (ADP) is "most free", and I've been lead to
believe that members of the Software Freedom Law Center have a
modified ROM which is "More Free", although I don't know where you can
get that outside of working for SFLC.
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified