Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu 9.10 Release Party - 30th October

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu 9.10 Release Party - 30th October
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:21:15 +0100

2009/10/18 Matthew Edmondson <address@hidden>:
> To be honest an the idea of an Ubuntu Launch party makes my skin crawl,
> however surely it is a prime opportunity to expose people to the path of
> righteousness or at least demonstrate that we are humans too.

Why would it make your skin crawl?

It's a great opportunity to celebrate the hard work of the people who
make such a brilliant and popular distro.

It's also a great chance for geeks from different groups in the North
West to get together for a common cause, to chat and to have fun.

> But no it is not a FS thing, thanks for reminding me Matt.  But thanks Lucy
> for reminding me, maybe I will turn up in my Debian kilt or summat,

I hope you do turn up, and if you do, you won't be the only one in
Debian clothing. Debian is a great distro and it makes Ubuntu
possible.

It's not necessary to run Ubuntu, or even like it, to be able to go to
the party. Last time there was a great mix of people and a really good
atmosphere.