Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu 9.10 Release Party - 30th October

From: Matthew Edmondson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu 9.10 Release Party - 30th October
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:40:59 +0100

If you believe the FSF, even Debian isn't a free software distribution
Indeed you are right Paul. And yes, my faith was rocked when I came to understand that Debian itself was not entirely pure (but I have got over that now).

I apologise for prematurely sharing my personal feelings about what a 'release party' might or might not be like. I realise that my impressions are unfounded. So I will attend without prejudice the upcoming event of enthusiasm for the next release of Ubuntu - "Linux for Human Beings"(TM?). Will there be cake?

Whilst this is not entirely on the topic of FS, the discussion about how to most usefully engage with non FS users does seem worthwhile.
(I am downloading gNewSense now, inspiring stuff.)