Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Becta's Open Source Schools "Innovation Seminar"

From: Robert Burrell Donkin
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Becta's Open Source Schools "Innovation Seminar"
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:04:23 +0100

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Tim Dobson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm going to this tomorrow.

cool

> Does anyone have any questions they think I should ask anyone there?
>
> http://opensourceschools.org.uk/innovationseminar
>
> Ie. Becta's home access project is happening here in the northwest - I
> *think* www.greeh.co.uk is involved in it, but don't quote me there.
>
> Is the proposed "National Digital Resource Bank" - being built by a north
> west based company going to be a sham or really useful? According to a
> leaflet I managed to dig out it said it was going to be Creative Commons
> licenced but fail to say which licence, which makes that assertion almost
> useless.

+1

license clarity is really crucial

it's probably worthwhile asking about license compatibility

"The National Digital Resource Bank is set to become the largest
project in UK Education. Using a licence free product developed in
Spain. ndrb will provide Local Authorities with the largest collection
of open content available that is compatible with all commonly used
Learning Platforms."

huh?

"licence free product" ...?

is this free software? public domain? freeware? royalty free?

(i could go on)

- robert