Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Administrative and Social Meeting - 12th Octo

From: Robert Burrell Donkin
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Administrative and Social Meeting - 12th October
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:58:31 +0100

(i need to write up my machine learning coursework so i'm not going to
be able to make this meeting)

i'm happy to lead (if that's the right word) a workshop on OpenPGP and
related cryptography but the MSc is really intense this semester so
i'm not sure that I'm going to have the time to prepare and push
forward the rest of the organisation required. if everyone's still
keen then maybe someone could post a list of potential dates/venues so
we can work out the best time for everyone who's interested.

this year is the Apache Software Foundation's 10th birthday
(development on httpd started earlier but was done by an informal
collective rather than a non profit). celebrations are being organised
around the world
(https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/raise_a_glass_to_apache)
coincident with ApacheConUS (in the first week of November). maybe
it'd be cool to do a party or something in Manchester. (i can probably
do an organisational/history talk if that'd interest people or maybe
just take the live feed from ApacheConUS.)

- robert