Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?

From: Seb James
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux job adverts ok on this list?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:31:15 +0100

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 00:12 +0100, Simon Ward wrote:
> I didn’t notice this until a recent reply…
>
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 09:24:16AM +0100, Seb James wrote:
> > Are GNU/Linux specific job adverts considered acceptable on this mailing
> > list?
>
> Fine, but preferrably free software jobs.  For example, I work with
> GNU/Linux, but it’s not the primary aspect of the job, and I have to
> work with proprietary software too.  I would very much prefer to only
> work with free software, and that’s the sort of stuff I’m happy to see
> advertised on the list.

I've been interested in the replies to this thread.

Thanks for the pointer to the Linuxjobs list (from MJ Ray) - I wasn't
aware of that one. I've subscribed and note that there is some activity
on it from employers. Will post there with our next job advert.

For information, the job I advertised was concerned with building _both_
proprietary and free software, using an almost exclusively free software
development environment, with Linux the kernel of choice both for
development systems and for the network appliances we build. Naturally,
we don't mix free and proprietary in any way that would contravene
anyone's licence.

best regards,

Seb James

--