[Fsuk-manchester] Linux KVM Snapshotting

From: Leslie I'Anson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Linux KVM Snapshotting
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:01:54 +0100

Hello MFS and ManLUG

Just a quick shout out to see if anyone on the lists has experience
snapshotting live/running KVM virtual machines.

virsh has the save and restore commands for creating and restoring
snapshots but this seems to power down the machine and dd this disk,
unless I'm doing something wrong of course.

I've heard about experiments live migrating to the same host but so
far have yet to come across anything substantial.

Btw, if there are any other KVM enthusiasts out there (and by that I
mean the virtualiser) please make contact.

Thank you all for your time,
Leslie

--
http://www.fsf.org/ Support The Freedom!