Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Microsoft Vice President visiting

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Microsoft Vice President visiting Manchester this Month]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:31:48 +0100

2009/9/15 Robert Burrell Donkin <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I might see if I can go through work, but I don't really see it as
>> relevant to free software (okay, they might talk about ASP.NET MVC and
>> jquery but that'll be it).
>
> ATM it's quite relevant: there are big questions to be asked about
> sam's departure, replacement and about where their new foundation fits
> within the FOSS ecosystem

Ah, I've not really been paying them any attention, so I'm not too
familiar with all the politics. I see the company as mostly irrelevant
and would rather concentrate on Canonical, RedHat etc. Obviously,
Microsoft are still the dominant software company but I don't think
they'll ever pay more than lip-service to FOSS and so I don't want to
pay more than lip-service to them.

> interesting times :-)

Indeed..