Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Petition to the UK Government to apologise for the

From: tomdeb
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Petition to the UK Government to apologise for the prosecution of Alan Turing
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:04:01 +0100

Thanks, signed :)
+1 as well.

Alan Turing and others who suffered similarly certainly deserve an
apology from the British Government IMO.

On a related note, I've taken Alan Turing's history in Manchester for
granted since I've moved here and have yet to visit the Baby computer
at MOSI or even Alan's statue in Sackville Park. Anyone up for a tour
one weekend or have any good suggestions on where else to visit?

The Geek Atlas' place #66 is on Sackville Gardens. It also mentions the
manchester science walk as of geek interest in Manchester.

Anyone who hasn't checked out the book yet really should. I made it a
rule to consult it before any of my trips.

t.