Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RMS on Swedish Pirate Party vs Free Software

From: Pater Mann
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RMS on Swedish Pirate Party vs Free Software
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:42:00 +0100

Tim Dobsonwrote:
> Welcome to the list!

Many thanks for the welcome - I hope that I can make a real
contribution, even if it is occasionally contentious! [grin]

> Anyway, it'd be nice to see you at a meeting sometime if you are in the
> manchester area, please don't be afraid of coming over and saying "hi"! :)

It is unfortunate that I have only just found out about this group as
I would have really liked to see the recent talk by Dan Lynch. It is
great that he has made the slides available but it is not the same as
seeing it "live". Still I will look through them with great interest
so thank you Dan.

The main problem that I have is that I have a fairly lengthy commute
home in an evening to my home in the Altrincham area which means that
it is a struggle to make it into Manchester even for 8pm during the
week. However, I will see what I can do...