[Fsuk-manchester] NO2ID Upcoming in Manchester

From: Matthew Larsen
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] NO2ID Upcoming in Manchester
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:43:23 +0100

FYI (from NO2ID newsletter)

_*+ Manchester +*_

ID cards are to be introduced in Manchester this autumn. Recent spin
from the Home Office has convinced people that the National Identity
Scheme has been cancelled, that it isn't a threat and it's voluntary.
It's more important than ever to get the word out about the Database State.

*+ 8th August - Manchester NO2ID Street Stall +*
Saturday 8th August, 2-4pm in St. Ann's Square in Manchester City Centre
(down near the big Marks and Spencer) to raise awareness among the
public and engage people in discussion about the National Identity
Register. We'll meet in the square itself at 2pm to set up shop; feel
free to join us to lend a hand or just chat. You don't need any
experience or equipment, just a bit of   time to spare and a friendly smile!
http://manchester.no2id.net/content/street-stall-august-2009

*+ 12th August - Manchester NO2ID Meeting +*
Wednesday 12th August, 7-9pm in the Town Hall Tavern, Tib Lane,
Manchester. Sadly, this venue is not wheelchair-accessible; please
contact us on address@hidden if you have accessibility needs.
Everyone is welcome, newcomer or not, curious or committed. See minutes
of our previous meetings at
(http://manchester.no2id.net/taxonomy/term/5). We are always looking for
volunteers to take and type up minutes from our meetings; it's an easy
way to help the campaign! Unfortunately, the Town Hall Tavern no longer
do evening food.
http://manchester.no2id.net/content/monthly-meeting-august-2009

Matthew G Larsen