[Fsuk-manchester] Us Now

From: Jonathan Davis
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Us Now
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:16:51 +0100

Hello there,

I've just returned from a one-off screening (and director's Q+A) of
'Us Now' [1] at the Cornerhouse in Manchester. Essentially it's a
documentary about the power of mass collaboration, government and the
Internet, featuring interviews with leading thinkers such as Clay
Shirky, Tom Steinberg of MySociety, George Osborne and Ed Miliband. It
also had some discussion of 'Open Source' software ('Free Software'
would have been nice, but hey, you can't have everything!) and
included a brief interview with Linux kernel developer Alan Cox [2].
I've been told that it will be screened on More4 in early July,
although it can also be watched online [3] or downloaded via
Bittorrent. As a nice bonus, all the raw interview footage used to
make the film has been released [4] under a Creative Commons licence.

Jonathan

[1] http://www.usnowfilm.com
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Cox
[3] http://watch.usnowfilm.com/