Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future meeting space

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future meeting space
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:31:30 +0000

Lucy wrote:
2009/3/27 Paul Waring <address@hidden>:
Lucy wrote:
Does
anyone have any other suggestions? It needs to be somewhere that's
near to the train stations, that can provide a projector and if
possible an Internet connection.
There will be a charge for the Friends Meeting House, how much depends on
which room you use (you won't always be able to get the same one). Some
groups I know get round this by asking everyone at the meeting to chip in a
pound or two towards the cost, others take it from the general pool of money
within the group, which consists largely of membership fees. I'm not sure if
they can provide projectors and I don't remember them having an Internet
connection which was available to visitors. You could also consider asking
other community groups based in the city centre if MFS could use their
meeting rooms during the evening.

Daft question perhaps, but what other community groups in the city
centre have their own meeting rooms?

There are several organisations based in the Friends Meeting House which have their own offices and meeting space, then there are the various tenants of the Green Fish Resource Centre. I'm sure there are plenty of others - naturally the Basement would be useful if it ever gets back online.

Paul

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com