Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future meeting space

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future meeting space
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:19:13 +0000

Lucy wrote:
Secondly, regardless of whether we continue meeting at the MDDA we
will need another venue. So far, the possibles I can think of include
the BBC on Oxford Rd, the friend's meeting house near central library
(will there be a charge for this does anyone know?), the Old Council
Chamber over Harry's Bar on University of Manchester North Campus or a
meeting room above Rain Bar (again I don't know about charges). Does
anyone have any other suggestions? It needs to be somewhere that's
near to the train stations, that can provide a projector and if
possible an Internet connection.

There will be a charge for the Friends Meeting House, how much depends on which room you use (you won't always be able to get the same one). Some groups I know get round this by asking everyone at the meeting to chip in a pound or two towards the cost, others take it from the general pool of money within the group, which consists largely of membership fees. I'm not sure if they can provide projectors and I don't remember them having an Internet connection which was available to visitors. You could also consider asking other community groups based in the city centre if MFS could use their meeting rooms during the evening.

The other alternative is to keep using the MDDA, and have every other meeting as a social event instead of a talk.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Waring