[Fsuk-manchester] Stallman on the Javascript-trap

From: Lucy
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Stallman on the Javascript-trap
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:49:12 +0000

Richard Stallman's latest article:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html

I'm not sure what to think of this. Overall, I think encouraging
people to add a free software license to their javascript libraries is
a good thing, but I'm not sure how many people will listen (other than
those already releasing free javascript as addons to libraries such as
jquery) and how many users will notice. Also, for 'web applications',
what does this article add that autonomo.us isn't already trying to
address?