Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Favourite case study/argument for

From: Mark Reynolds
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Favourite case study/argument for BigCo to move away from IE6?]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:09:49 +0000

I think getting into TCO discussions over a web browser upgrade is a
bit over the top. I'd put them on the defensive and ask why should we
keep it? Sites that work in IE 6 will still work in IE7 and later.
Also, I don't think that training is a valid argument. I know a lot of
end users are stupid but from their point of view it's just got a few
things moved around in the GUI and they'll thank you for the ability
to use tabbed browsing. Many of them probably run Firefox or IE 7 at
home anyway and you're technical people certainly shouldn't have any
difficulty with it. Hope this gave you a few starting points at least.

Mark