Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Free software over freeware

From: Matthew Larsen
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Free software over freeware
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:37:00 +0000

I'd imagine it would come down to something like this:

By moving to a free software model you are allowing the community to help improve, contribute and develop your applications in return for the community to have free access to your software. In the case of freeware, you are simply allowing the community free access to the software, but forgoing the benefits of community engagement.

Or something along those lines :\ was never good at this stuff

Regards,
Matthew G Larsen