Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Digital Elections

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Digital Elections
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:21:11 +0000

Paul Waring wrote:
MJ Ray wrote:
Tim Dobson <address@hidden> wrote:
MD is a democratic organisation and the council for 2009 is to be voted upon *tonight*.
There have been quite a few nominations[3] and I[4] am one of them.

Any idea why none of the plethora of co-ops up there have a candidate?
Seems like a big should-be-free-software-friendly sector that's missing.

Possibly because it wasn't publicised very well - I only heard about the elections because I happen to subscribe to Tim's RSS feed.

It was publicised fairly well in the Manchester Digital world - since you can't stand unless you are a member I suppose their point of view is that there's no point advertising it like that.

I don't know why flythecoop or openspace etc don't have a candidate. I haven't seen them really engage with MD. This is one of the things I'd *really* like to sink my teeth into and try and get more people involved. When I look through most of the statements I see the same generic things being written and I think more diversity would definitely help the organisation build standing.

We'll see what happens!

Hope to see some of you tonight!

Tim

--