[Fsuk-manchester] North West Perl Mongers inaugural meeting - Wednesday

From: Ian Norton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] North West Perl Mongers inaugural meeting - Wednesday 28th Jan 2009 - THIS WEEK!
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:29:02 +0000

Hi All,

Sorry for the cross posting, but as we're a relatively new group,
we're still trying to reach all the people who might be interested in
joining.

At a time when the word inauguration might be being overused, I
thought I'd get it in one last time before putting it away to bed.

In case you're not aware, this Wednesday is the inaugural meeting of
the North West England Perl Mongers group!

This evening is a social gathering to simply get together and meet for
the first time.

You'll find us upstairs at The Forum Bar[1], PR1 2AA in Preston from
around 19:00 until later (this is the venue used by GeekUp Preston if
you've been to that).  We'll be the people with the two foot high
cuddly penguin!  A convenient car park can be found between Syke
Street and Glover Street [1], though others are available.  The car
park does lock at night, but I believe stays open until 23:30, though
you'll need to take responsibility for checking that on the night if
you're thinking of cutting it fine.

North West England Perl Mongers is open to all who want to join,
hosting meetings on the last Wednesday of each month.  Each month will
alternate between social and technical, so please do pass this message
on to others who might be interested.

If you're interested in Perl or want to get involved with NWEPM,
please do join our mailing list [2] and say hello!

[1] http://tinyurl.com/b4r6lj